TYLT ENERGI Backpack
The idea for the TYLT ENERGI backpack came from friends and collegues of the guys behind TYLT. They had friends using their TYLT portable batteries and they all said they carried the batteries in their backpacks and loved them. They (TYLT) thought they could make a cool backpack that had a larger battery and could charge smartphones and tablets in specially made pockets. The team at TYLT also wanted to make sure user could charge while using their phone on the go. TYLT took their idea to Kickstarter, and the rest is history.
The ENERGI BACKPACK is a next-gen briefcase, backpack and mobile charging station. TYLT designed the charging system so you can route the cables inside the backpack to any one of the 5 external pockets or 2 internal pockets.
The ENERGI Backpack is equipped with TYLT’s 10,400 mAh battery and an accompanying sleeve. This battery has two 1Amp USB ports to charge your iPod or smartphone, and a 2.1Amp USB port for charging a tablet.
One thing I immediately thought off when I first looked at the ENERGI was, will the battery get hot and will I feel it on my back?
- TYLT: The battery will generate heat when charging, but it only gets warm. The battery was placed in the middle of the backpack so you will never feel the warmth.
Cable Routing System
But, the cleverest thing about this backpack is that it has a built-in wiring system to feed the cables through the bag to the devices and stay organised. During the design process a priority was placed on the user (YOU) being able to decide what cable YOU wanted to route and what pocket YOU wanted to use as a charging pocket. This was very important to the designers and we think they did a pretty good job.
- First they give you the cables you need to do the job.
- Then they designed the bag to have 6 Charging Zones that you can customize to your needs, and change whenever your needs change.
- Then they made easy pass thru ports and colored them blue so you could find them…too cool.
Whilst the bag is slightly bulky (which may not suit all tastes), it does come with plenty of its own technology built right in, including an NFC tag built into the shoulder strap – programmable using the free TYLT App (if you don’t know what this is that’s okay if you do, you know how cool it is). It’s even fly-through friendly.
Conveniently, the travel friendly design features
- protected pockets,
- a water resistant pocket,
- a full length trolley sleeve for your luggage, and
- a TSA-approved layout so you can whip through the security line.
Once you have the ENERGI Backpack, you wont need anything else!
- Massive Battery Pack: 10,400mAh battery pack will charge your devices 4x over*. Simultaneously charge your tablets, mobile phones and devices rapidly with it’s 4.2A output. Recharge the battery pack with any standard micro-USB connector.
- Cable Pass Thru designed to keep your cables neat as you direct them to any pocket you want to charge in. You can even direct the cable out of the bag to walk and charge at the same time.
- TSA Friendly: Pass through airport security with a breeze. With the friendly fly-through design, you can leave your laptop in your backpack.
- Trolly Pocket: Travel like a pro with the Slide Pocket. The ENERGI Backpack slides onto the handle of any luggage making it roll right along with you. The slide pocket is as big as the bag itself, making it extremely snug and stable.
- Number of Pockets: 13
- Number of USB Ports: 3
- Cubic Inches of Space: 1450″
- Front Panel Material: 1680D Polyester
- Sides and Bottom Material: 900D Polyester
- Brushed Metal Zippers
- Dimensions: 19″H x 13.5″W x 11.5″D
- Laptop Compartment Dimensions: 15.5″L x 10.5″W x 1.5″H
- Tablet Compartment Dimensions: 10.5″L x 8″W x 0.5″H
- Note: the backpack is not waterproof
- Input Voltage: 5V 2Amp (Micro USB)
- Output Charging Current: 4.75V – 5.25V – 4.1Amp
- Lithium Ion Battery: 10,400 mAh
- Battery Charge Time: 7-8 Hours
Who the TYLT ENERGI Backpack is ideal for
- Business travellers and commuters